A Buyer’s Guide to Finding the Perfect House in the Langley Area
There are many factors that need to be taken into consideration when purchasing a property in the Langley area.
The first step involves reviewing relevant information resources and planning. RE/MAX® LifeStyles – Langley understands that buying your home is an important investment and provides you with the information and assistance necessary for you to buy your dream home.
What to Keep in Mind Before Purchasing a Home
Location, location, location – location is very important to consider when buying a home. RE/MAX® Lifestyles Realty – Langley sales associates offer unparalleled insight into neighbourhoods in Langley and surrounding communities, including:
- Knowledge about local planning processes such as new housing development
- Community demographics (e.g. population growth rate)
- Local economic factors or investments from government and the private sector
- Crime and safety considerations
- Noise levels
- Proximity to employment centres, schools, transit, hospitals, recreations, shopping, parks and green spaces and places of worship
There are several very important factors that need to be considered when choosing a home in order to find a home best suited to you and your family’s needs, including:
- Suitability: This is important for everyone, but especially for families with children, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
- Amount of space: The need for more or less space is one of the most important reasons that Canadians choose to move. Things to consider are the number of bedrooms and bathrooms required, extra space needed for home offices, cars, storage, and hobbies and outside space for children and pets.
- Personal preferences: Do you prefer a single family home or a condominium? What amenities are important to you: swimming pools, air conditioning, underground parking, decks, etc.?
When purchasing a home, it is important to understand the maintenance and repairs that are involved in the upkeep of different types of home. Your RE/MAX® Lifestyles – Langley sales associate can help you find out the following information:
- Whether there are pest problems with rodents, termites etc. at the property
- Which appliances are included with the house
- Which utilities are used, such as furnaces and water heaters
- Available service providers in your area including telephone and internet
- Local property taxes
- Major repairs that have been done on the house
- Required repairs and remodelling before moving in
With our help, make the right choice.
It is very important to get a house that you can afford. There are many different buying costs and home purchase expenses. Our RE/MAX® – LifeStyles Realty – Langley sales associates can assist you in finding out what options in Langley and the surrounding areas would work best for you.